The goals of Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic Schools are to empower each student to achieve peak academic performance, increase social and vocational skills, develop an effective means of communication and foster the acquisition of functional life skills for independence in the community.
School districts from all over the Chicagoland area contract with Easter Seals to assist them in providing educational programs for children with autism and related intellectual disabilities. We provide an alternative school placement for these students and help them grow towards independence.
We maintain a small student-teacher ratio and each student has an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). Our programming is developed to emphasize a wide-range of curriculum and activities that are based on the specific needs of each student.
- Year-round instruction, including extended school year as determined by the student’s IEP team
- Core curriculum offered focuses on creating access to age and grade appropriate learning standards, as well as increasing independent living skills
- Therapies available include speech/language, occupational, social work and nursing, as determined by the student’s IEP team
- Other services include behavior consultation, vocational and community training, art therapy and music therapy
- On-site After School program
- On-site developmental training program for adults
Autism Therapeutic School Tinley Park
Maryellen Bucci, School Administrator
17300 Ozark Avenue
Tinley Park, IL 60477
For student enrollment, please contact
Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School
2013-2014 School Calendar